My Blog List

Monday, February 25, 2008

My day started with a splitting headache. Erin had soccer tryouts after school so I had her take Dave's car to school and he took the van and dropped me off at work. Erin was supposed to take Shannon and her friend to the Jonas brothers concert tonight. Shannon's friend's dad was supposed to take them but he had to go out of town. Her mom offered to take the girls and pick them up if Erin would take her ticket and go with the girls so she wouldn't have to sit through the concert. Erin sent me a text message that try outs got moved to 7:oo pm due to the weather and she wouldn't be able to go to the concert. By the time I got her text message my head was beginning to feel like it was ready to explode. She called me after school and I told her she could drop Shannon off at her friends house (in our old neighborhood 30 minutes away) on her way to try outs. Of course that caused Sybil to turn into a green eyed monster, "what me, be put out, I wasn't planning on coming home, I was just going to hang out at Allie's house until try outs." I was stranded at work all day with a migraine and no car and the little princess was giving me attitude. I called Dave and asked him to try and get home early because I needed help with the kids. I had 30 minutes to lay down before I had to pick Ryan up from magic class. (an after school program) I asked Shannon to wake me up at 4:00, I explained that my bedroom door would be locked because the dog can nudge his way in if it is not locked and then I have to listen to him gnaw on his leg while I am trying to sleep. In order for me to even lock the door, I have to squeeze the door knob while lifting up and applying just the right amount of pressure while pushing the latch until you hear a click. Maybe I should just bungee cord myself in like I do with the dog to keep him in his crate. Dave got home early and took Kelsey to practice, I asked him to make dinner, they got pizza rolls for dinner, they would have gotten cereal but we are out of milk.I tried to pull myself together and be a good mom and spend some time with Ryan and Maggie. We watched Deal Or No Deal. They fought over a hula hoop for the entire hour. I threatened to throw the hula hoop in the woods, the fireplace, the trash can and even to put it someplace that might make walking quite difficult. I am now headed upstairs for my 10th dose of Advil. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Poor Dave, he still has to go out and pick up Shannon after the concert at her friends house.

No comments: