My Blog List

Sunday, February 24, 2008

I survived being snowed in with my my children for two days. Erin has high school soccer tryouts starting tomorrow (Monday). Saturday afternoon while we were in the car driving she mentioned that she needed a sports physical by Monday to bring to try outs. I immediately had flashbacks of my darling offspring telling me that she needed two dozen cupcakes by morning or a light blue binder with green stripes for her science project that is due in 12 hours. I calmly asked Erin/Sybil how she thought she would be able to get a sports physical on a weekend, considering it was around 5:00 on a Saturday that she mentioned this little problem. I called the pediatricians number , the doctor works two Sunday's a month and luckily she was working this Sunday, according to the recording. I told Erin we would call in the morning and try to get in. Unfortunately for Erin, there is a big flu outbreak and the doctor was jam packed full of sick kids, they didn't feel that the sports physical was as urgent as Erin/Sybil did. Erin/Sybil quickly turned to panic mode, Ryan was her easiest target, she had to take out her frustration on someone. Since she doesn't have a husband yet, her brother seemed to be the logical answer. I urged Ryan to leave the room and to quit trying to crack jokes at the kid with multiple personalities sitting across from him. I got out the yellow pages and started thumbing through the book. I called two urgent care centers and got lucky on my second try. Yes, they were open and they could do a sports physical. Dave took the joyful teenager to get her physical. When they arrived home I asked her if they asked any questions about her mental state? Lucky for her, they didn't ask, she got a clean bill of health to try out for soccer.

No comments: