My Blog List

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Last night Erin came in our room and said "I need a ride to school tomorrow. " The girl who usually brings her couldn't take her. Her school had a late start today so she didn't have to be there until 9:00. Dave said he could bring her but she would get there at 7:30. She had asked grandma but Erin said, "grandma has a dentist appointment and she can't take me because she won't have time because she has to pluck all of her chin hairs before she goes." I suggested she help pluck grandma's chin hairs this evening and everyone wins. She said "I tried that, she said that they grow overnight." Oh crap is this what I have to look forward to. I thought shaving my legs before I go to the OB was bad enough. Someday I will be plucking facial hair before I go to the dentist.
This morning Dave said his usual "does this match?" I kind of chuckled and he said "yes , I read your blog, but I still need to know if this matches." Lauren called me this morning at work crying because she had cramps so bad. I told her to take some advil and come home so she could soak in my big bathtub and lay in my big comfy bed. She said "I can't, I have a test tomorrow." I told her she could study at home. I pulled in the driveway after I picked the kids up this afternoon and saw Lauren's car parked in the middle of the driveway. {When will she learn to pull all the way up?} I was really tired and decided to lay down for a few minutes before I started dinner. First I had to kick Lauren out of my side of the bed, this went over like a lead balloon. Too bad, I like my side of the bed. I tried to take a nap while listenening to her shuffle pages(she was studying) and listening to her phone beep at the twenty text messages that she had received. The last straw was when Shannon started singing high school musical songs in the next room with a microphone. I gave up and decided to start dinner. Lauren changed clothes and got ready to head back to school. Before she left she said "mom, you are running low on big underwear." I said "are you wearing my underwear." Her response was "your big underwear are so much more comfortable when I have cramps." Just because I don't wear dental floss as underwear doesn't give her the right to steal all of my SMALL comfortable underwear!!!

No comments: