My Blog List

Thursday, February 7, 2008

I stayed late at work tonight. One of the girls in the office is out with the flu. I called grandma and asked her to pick the kids up for me and I headed to school for my class straight from work. I got employee of the month this month so I get $100 bonus. Yeah!!! That will make a little dent in all the stuff that I bought yesterday. We started employee of the month about six months ago in my office. I guess they were scraping the bottom of the barrel, it finally came around to me.

Erin called me at work frantic, she had a half day today and she couldn't get a hold of grandma. She figured she could con her grandma into going shopping for non "strappy" silver shoes. Maybe that is why it took me 6 months to get employee of the month, my husband and kids call ten times a day with emergency after emergency. Did they forget the rule, "don't call me unless you are on fire or bleeding?" She finally caught up with grandma and they went to the mall. She got a pair of cute shoes and they were even on sale. She got home and went to put them on so she could walk around in her new shoes, the sales girl only put one shoe in the box. I am sensing a tad of de ja vu!!! Didn't her father drive around St. Louis County last Friday trying to track down the missing black shoe. Maybe this is a sign that she only really needs one shoe. She could hop all night Saturday instead of dance. This is the same kid whose date to her very first formal last year showed up with one shoe. He had a high school soccer game after school and packed his dress clothes so he could get ready at a friends house and he only packed one shoe!! She had to work tonight, she ran by the mall on her way to pick up the other shoe. At least she realized it before the dance. If I had to send Dave out for the shoe, I don't think we would ever get his blood pressure back in check.

No comments: