My Blog List

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I want to know who the idiot was that had the idea to change the nickel and quarter to the different state designs? I can pretty much guarantee whomever's idea it was did not keep in mind all the little first graders trying to pass a math test on counting coins. I have spent two days working with Maggie on coins. I think if they gave her a test on credit cards she would fare much better. I am the queen of multi tasking, tonight we studied reading words and coins while I was doing tae bo. She is lucky I didn't karate chop her when she kept showing we a quarter when I asked her to show me a nickel. That may actually be an effective teaching method. I may just try that tomorrow if she still can't tell them apart. Kelsey had a melt down while I was doing coins with Maggie. She didn't understand her math homework, she is working on percentages. Dave is at school tonight and the rest of her family can't figure out 6th grade homework. I handled it quite well I think. I screamed at her and told her to lose her attitude. Sometimes my parenting skills amaze me. On the bright side, Ryan cleaned up the great room for me quite quickly. I think he knew he would probably be my next victim. Yesterday I checked their grades online. I noticed that Shannon flunked her last religion test. I asked her "how do you flunk a religion test?" Without skipping a beat Ryan's hand immediatelly went up as he said "Oh I know, I know." Like pick me, pick me!!! I explained that I wasn't actually asking "how to", I know all to well that he is capable of flunking a religion test.

My boss got fired today so I was in a rotten mood. She has been great to me since I have worked there and I will really miss her. Our whole office was in a state of depression all day. I guess I came home and took it out on my kids a little. Had Dave been home, he would have gotten the brunt of my bad mood so technically it is his fault for not being home tonight!!

No comments: