My Blog List

Monday, February 11, 2008

The weather was bad here today. It started sleeting this afternoon, I made it to school just in time before they blocked off the parking lot to pick up the kids. Ryan's magic class got canceled due to the weather. I got home and started on homework with the kids. Ryan had to read a chapter out of his religion book and Maggie had to work on a book report. I whipped up chicken nuggets and spaghetti for dinner, we are out of everything and I didn't feel like going out in an ice storm to go to the grocery store. After I cleaned up the dinner mess I pulled myself together to exercise. I wanted to do tae bo but the kids were watching American Gladiaters and I knew I would have a huge fight if I turned it off to exercise. I decided to skip the argument and run on the treadmill. About a mile in to my workout, Lauren called to complain about Sam. Sam called her and asked her for a ride home from work. Lauren told her she would have to wait until she finished working out, she was about 10 minutes in to her tae bo DVD. (she didn't have American Gladiators to deal with) Lauren was a little aggravated that Sam didn't call her earlier or better yet, make arrangements to get the car and drive herself to work. Sam was aggravated that Lauren didn't drop everything and rush right over. Sam called her dad and had him come get her, I'm sure it took him at least a half hour to get her, the same time it would have taken had she waited for Lauren. Sam has always been the queen of temper tantrums. When she was younger I often waited for her head to spin around and green vomit to go flying. Now that she is twenty one she makes Bobby Knight (the famous basketball coach) look like Mother Theresa. She is normally a pleasant person just a little short on patience. Lauren, well that is another story, she is the queen of planning ahead and having all of her ducks in a row. She feels that if you don't have a master plan like she does that you are somehow a disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I love my girls and think that they are wonderful kids but would prefer that they didn't involve me in every little squabble that they have. To top it off I am aggravated with Dave for staying too late at the office. Granted the dinner I had waiting for him was only chicken nuggets and spaghetti but it would have been nice to eat my nuggets with a little adult conversation.

No comments: