My Blog List

Thursday, February 21, 2008

The kids had a snow day today. I only had to work until 1:30, we closed the office early and even cancelled all of our appointments for tomorrow. Shannon asked me tonight if I thought school would be cancelled again tomorrow. She was trying to decide whether or not she should take a shower. I told her to go ahead and take a shower that hygiene doesn't officially take snow days!!! Dave wanted me to go to the grocery store with him, I didn't feel like going out in the cold. Erin decided to go with him instead, I should have known better then to let those two go alone. We are all stocked up on junk food, like my diet isn't tough enough already. Throw in a pantry full of pop tarts and cookies. I have only lost six and a half pounds in almost eight weeks. I guess it's better than gaining six and a half pounds. Lauren called me to tell me she saw previews for an upcoming Oprah show that features my one and only Rick Springfield. I told her someones children who really loved their mother probably wrote to the Oprah show so THEIR mother could meet him. I guess it's nice to be loved, I'll just watch him meet some other crazy fan in the comfort of my own home.

Right after I put the little ones to bed Shannon announced that school was closed tomorrow, she had been watching all night for her school's name on TV. It finally showed up a little after 9:00. My house became an instant party complete with dancing and woo hoo's. It is now after 10:30 and they are all still up. Lucky me, maybe we can spend the day writing to Dr. Phil asking if mommy can meet Rick Springfield like the mommy on Oprah who's family loved her.

No comments: