My Blog List

Sunday, May 18, 2008


I have been horrible at updating my blog lately. May is such a crazy month, between cramming all the rain outs for soccer and baseball and all the end of school field trips and picnics I don't know if I am coming or going. Dave went out of town this weekend with Ryan's soccer team for a tournament. I stayed at home because the girls had too many games and Kelsey had a team party that she didn't want to miss. We left Saturday morning for Kelsey's game, the sun was finally out. I asked my pasty white red head if she had any sunscreen on. She said "no I want to get a little color." I warned her that the only color she would get was red. Of course she knows more than me. The proof is in the picture, momma knows best. She has her eighth grade graduation on Friday. She is going to look like a human candy cane in her pretty blue dress unless her burn fades. She had her first high school cheer leading practice tonight. She was pretty excited, she was able to get in a "full" for the first time. A "full" is when they hold your ankle's above their heads and you pose up in the air. She was thrilled, it makes me a nervous wreck. At dinner tonight Shannon was letting her older sisters know that she was the first Murphy to make a Varsity sport as a freshman. Lauren said "congratulations Shannon, you will be the first Murphy to have your face slammed into the gym floor when they drop you." The love and support in my family sometimes brings a tear to my eye.

No comments: