My Blog List

Friday, May 30, 2008

Today was the last day of school. On the way to school this morning, Ryan realized that he had forgotten his backpack. Again, how do you forget your backpack??? They were cleaning out their desks today so he really needed it so he could carry his stuff home. I didn't have time to turn around so I called Lauren and asked her to bring it to school. When she got to school the kids were in church. She felt it would be inappropriate to pull her baby brother out of mass to yell at him. Instead she dropped it off with the school secretary and asked her to pass on a message that his big sister was going to kill him when he got home. When I got home I noticed a big pile of papers on my dresser. Ryan had his award ceremony today and he had a large stack of awards, I was so impressed. Soon I realized that they all belonged to his friend Kyle. His family left for vacation last night so Ryan offered to bring his awards home for him. I should have known they weren't Ryan's, Kyle even got an award for being on time every day for school. I bet Kyle doesn't have a sister with one shoe or a decapitated St. Anthony project. Ryan got an award for always making the class laugh. Just what I wanted, the class clown.

Erin's high school played in the semi finals for the state championship in soccer. We won 3-1 woo hoo. It was pretty exciting. We play the final tomorrow night. It is a great experience for her. She is used to watching these games on the fan side. Sam won when she was a Junior and lost in the final of her Senior year. Erin said it was a lot more fun being on the other side of the field. The admission is $7 a person. Children under 6 is free. Maggie is going to be 5 all weekend. She may even be five next year too.

No comments: