My Blog List

Thursday, May 29, 2008


Tomorrow is the last day of school for Kelsey, Ryan and Maggie. Erin and Shannon are already bored to death and they are only four days into their summer vacation. I don't know how Shannon could possibly be bored considering she has been gone every day. I called home today to check in on Erin. I asked her what she was doing and she said "I'm just laying in your bed watching TV." When I got home from work I noticed a bag of potato chips on my bed. I asked Erin if she was eating chips in my bed. She said "Lauren snitched on me didn't she?" I said "no genius, you left the bag on my bed." Tomorrow I am going to leave a reminder note on my pillow so she remembers to roll over every hour. I don't want my little princess to get bed sores this summer.


Dave cut our grass on Monday after it rained. He loves his lawn as much, if not more than his wife and children. He bagged up all of the wet grass and put it in the garage. As a result our home smells like the back of a garbage truck. I take that back, the back of a garbage truck mixed with Febreeze thanks to Kelsey. I had Ryan drag the lawn bags out into the driveway so my neighbors could smell that instead of us. Maybe I can set them on top of the oil stains on the driveway from my van. We may have oil stains in the driveway and bikes laying around everywhere but we have the greenest grass on the block. Dave is turning into Bill Murray on Caddy Shack. I think he would prefer that his kids played in the street to protect the lawn.


The picture above is of Dave and a bald eagle. (no, I'm not making fun of his lack of hair again) The water company (Dave's work) teamed up with a couple of other company's that sponsored the release of a wild bald eagle that was found sick and injured. The bird sanctuary nursed it back to health and released it today. Dave said it was pretty cool. The bird in the picture is tame, that is not the one that they released back into the wild. If Erin eats chips in my bed again, I may be releasing her back into the wild as well.


No comments: