My Blog List

Monday, May 5, 2008

Kelsey and Ryan were in a soccer tournament over the weekend. Saturday the weather was terrible. I sat in the van for the second half of Kelsey's game and watched Happy Gilmore with Maggie instead of watching the game. I am more of a 70 degree kind of soccer mom. We went to 5:00 mass on Saturday. I knew it would be easier with all the games we had on Sunday. Our Saturday mass is usually pretty crowded. We got there just a few minutes before 5:00. The church was pretty crowded. We wandered around looking for an open spot. The usher directed us to the front of church. We always sit in the back. They had some open spots right in the front row. Shannon, Kelsey, Ryan and Maggie sat in the very front row, and Dave and I were directly behind them.Everything was fine until our priest started his homily. Maggie kept leaning over onto Kelsey' s shoulder and the next thing we knew Ryan's had was bobbing up and down, he was sound asleep. His head kept falling over. I don't know who was more fun to watch, Ryan "the human bobble head," or Dave, "Mr. uptight." Oh my God my kid is asleep in the front row of church. Dave tugged on Kelsey's pony tail to get her attention so she could wake up her brother. We decided that maybe church at the end of a long day was maybe not such a good idea after all. Sunday we had a little free time in between games since we took care of church on Saturday. I had time to clean my bathrooms and my hardwood floors. Dave was outside doing yard work. He asked Kelsey and Ryan to pick up all the dog poop before he cut the grass. I went outside and Kelsey was standing there with an empty plastic bag. She said "is he kidding me, how am I supposed to tell where the poop is?" We had our yard aerated the weekend before, picking up poop was proving to be quite difficult. Sorry Dave, it will have to be extra fertilizer this week.

No comments: