My Blog List

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yesterday was our typical Tuesday, we had 4 places to be at 6:00. I had grandma drop Ryan off at his baseball game while I waited for Maggie's practice to be over and Kelsey's to start. Ryan called me to tell me to hurry up because his bat was in the back of the van. Dave called and had me meet him somewhere to give him his laptop and school books that he forgot that morning.(like father like son)I headed over to Ryan's game after Maggie's practice. While I was gone, Ryan had hit a triple. I guess he didn't need that bat after all. I did get to see him make an unassisted double play. His game ran a little late so I was late picking up Kelsey. She called wondering if I forgot about her. She must have had flashbacks of when we left her at the golf course last summer. Doesn't she know that I always come back for her.


Tomorrow is Shannon's last day of school. Last week she was pretty weepy, she is excited to move on to high school but sad to leave all of her new friends behind. She has only been at Assumption for two years but seems to have made life long friends. She is the only kid in her class going to Incarnate Word next year. I am proud of her for being so brave but sad for her at the same time. I took off of work to go to her award ceremony tomorrow, they get dismissed an hour early and parade out with decorated cars to go for ice cream. She has a foam hat shaped like a knight hat that says IWA red Knights (her new school) She said she is going to wear it tomorrow and her friends would be sooooo jealous. I think it is pretty safe to say that no one will be jealous of that hideous foam knight hat. I asked her if she thinks she will cry tomorrow since it is her last day. She said"no, everyone cries at Ihop." Friday is graduation with a reception and dance following. It is a tradition to go to Ihop after the dance. It seems it must be a tradition to have a scheduled cry at Ihop. We haven't done a practice session with her hair yet, it has been a while since I have done an updo. I may have a good cry on Friday if her hair is not working out.

No comments: