My Blog List

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

We have been one big happy family now that my college kids are done with school. Erin and Lauren have especially been at each other's throats. Lauren claims that Erin still owes her $17 and she is getting tired of being put off. Lauren logged on to our online bank account and told
Erin that she was tired of waiting for her money and she was going to transfer the money out of her account. Erin threw a fit and I persuaded Lauren to leave it alone. Erin was upset because it showed that her savings account only had $100. She knew that she had deposited more money in her account. She came in our room a few hours later crying because she "hates " Lauren and she knows her account should have more money than it has. She still had one deposit slip left. I checked the account number against her savings account number online and sure enough, they didn't match. I explained to her that the money should be easy to track since we have the account number. Through further investigating I noticed that the account number on the deposit slips that she was using, matched Lauren's savings account. She had been depositing her pay checks into Lauren's account. It turns out she doesn't owe Lauren $17 after all. That is one crisis solved.

Crisis number two, I woke up late today after sleeping in all weekend. I was running late so I asked Dave to drop the kids off at school. While Ryan was heading out the door he asked Dave to cut him a carpet square because today was the day he had to present his "how to" project. He chose to present "how to stand on your head and spin." Too bad Ryan, no time for a carpet square, I will give him an aspirin when he gets home. Crisis number three: Maggie only had one shoe this morning. They had 7 minutes to get to school and we live ten minutes away.We couldn't find it anywhere. Kelsey found an extra pair of Ryan's, I lovingly told Maggie to put them on, tie them, I told her I don't even care if they fit, just get in the car.

Crisis number four; Ryan lost a tooth on Friday and the Tooth Fairy has been on vacation all weekend. Ryan came down stairs and asked "Mom, now that Memorial day is over, do you think that the Tooth Fairy might come?"

No comments: