My Blog List

Monday, May 12, 2008

My mother's day started with Maggie at the foot of my bed at 7:30. She said, "mommy, I have something for you in the kitchen." I asked groggily, "can't you bring it to me?" She said, "no, you have to come in the kitchen." I rolled out of bed, walked into the kitchen and saw my mother's day present. A bowl of whole grain Total. I'm more of a fruit loop kind of mom but the whole grain Total that has been in the pantry for about a year was great. I took a couple of bites and told her how wonderful it was. Dave and I decided decided to go look at cars, I am getting tired of paying $110 to fill up my big van. The kids cleaned out the van for me, Dave vacuumed it out and found enough change in the seats to make the first car payment if we get a new car. We drove around looking at cars that we can't afford and used up all of the gas that we can't afford in the process. My college kids came home for dinner, Lauren brought me a nice gift, it is kind of nice having kids with jobs. Sam brought me a nice card and two packs of Rollo's that have mysteriously disappeared. Ryan lost the card he made me in school so he made me one at 9:00 at night, he tied a dollar to the card with dental floss, he said he couldn't find any string. Maybe if he actually used the dental floss I wouldn't have spent $242 at the dentist for him last week. Now that mother's day is over, things are back to normal. Erin hates me again. She broke the screen on her second new phone . I thought it was insured since I upgraded my phone that was already insured. I just put her sim card in the phone that I got for my upgrade and kept my old phone, I figured the insurance transferred to the new phone. Apparently the insurance is for the actual phone, not the phone line. If I had an extra $300 laying around collecting dust I might actually replace it for her. She has her old phone that works perfectly fine but that is just not good enough. I'm considering hitting her over the head with a hammer when she falls asleep just so she will shut up about it. Lauren is getting ready to buy her first car, she has a hard time parting with her money. Dave took her to the dealership and she test drove a car. We are friends with the dealer so the process is pretty painless, not too much haggling. She is acting like she is going to die because she can't part with her money. She went through her old graduation cards from two years ago looking for checks left behind that she hadn't cashed. She would have had better luck finding old money,had she cleaned out the van.

No comments: