My Blog List

Friday, April 11, 2008

Bootcamp started again this week. I have not been good at eating my fruits and veggies and journaling my food. Somehow I keep choosing birthday cake over watermelon. We were supposed to go to Nashville this weekend for Shannon's soccer tournament. Last night we had a parent meeting for Kelsey's trip to Sweden next July with her soccer team. The trip sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity for her. Over 70 countries participate in this tournament. The trip includes, flight, hotel, all transfers, and breakfast every day. We were told that a Big Mac sells for around $10 and a beer is $6. I have decided to sew pockets in all of Kelsey's clothes so she can stock up for the rest of the day at breakfast. Dave gets to go with her, the trip is too expensive for us both to go, besides I couldn't leave the rest of my babies for two weeks. Erin would turn our house into party central. I asked Dave, "how are we going to afford this trip?" He said, "I would eat nails if I had to, to give Kelsey this opportunity." I guess that means she's going. Of course now the rest of my kids are using this as leverage to get what they want. Shannon wanted to go to Florida with her friend and her family. They are flying so it will be pretty expensive. Of course I got, "Kelsey gets to go to Sweden and I can't go to Florida?" Now I am paying for a trip to Sweden AND Florida. We got home from the parent meeting last night and were too tired to pack for Nashville. Our original plan was to have the van packed and ready to go. We were going to take Shannon out of class at 1:00 and hit the road. Plan B was to rush home from work, go to the bank, pack, get the oil changed, buy new wiper blades and try to get out of town sometime before rush hour. I got the oil changed and was heading home to pack when I got the message that the tournament was cancelled due to the weather. Sometimes being a procrastinator actually pays off. I had Dave pick up the kids today from school since he was home. I had a splitting headache. Sitting inside Jiffy Lube waiting to get my oil changed didn't help. The smell of oil and grease makes me feel sick. I was going to try and lay down for a half hour while he was gone. I said "why don't you bring the dog with you to surprise Maggie." (Besides, he would just sit on the end of my bed gnawing on his leg if he stayed home.) When Dave got back he said "brilliant idea, to bring the dog, he was so nervous he pooped all over the van. I had to smell poop the whole time I was waiting for the kids and he got poop all over Maggie's coat." That made my nap just a tad bit sweeter.

No comments: