My Blog List

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Cheer leading try outs went really well. We had to rush back to school for the talent show after tryouts on Thursday. Shannon got to go first for final evaluations so she could leave early to get to the talent show. She was pretty nervous but thought that she did OK. She was standing against the wall at the talent show and her boyfriend (did I say boyfriend?) was standing next to her. He wasn't even that close to her, probably at least a foot a way but I couldn't help but think to myself that I wanted to scream "get away from her, who do you think you are standing next to my baby?" Instead I just stood there and accepted the fact that she is growing up and said a quick prayer of thanks that this kid didn't have any tattoos or piercings. We got an email on Friday that Shannon made the Varsity cheerleading squad. Woo Hoo, that was pretty exciting!!! She had three days to accept the spot on the squad and I think something like five days to turn in the big fat check. I thought about trying out for cheerleading when I was her age but was afraid because I couldn't do the splits. Turns out, you don't have to do the splits, who knew??? I sure wish I could do high school over, I might even study this time.

I took Shannon shopping today to get her eighth grade graduation dress. We found a couple that we liked. We ended up buying a bright aqua blue dress. It looks really pretty on her with her red hair. When we got home from shopping Dave looked like he had just woken up. Today is his 39th birthday. He spent most of his day napping. I was a tad aggravated when I came home to a messy house and starving children. I don't have a problem with a messy house when we have a zillion soccer games on the weekend, but a day of laying around, tends to make me a little crazy. Ryan came in the kitchen and asked "do you think you and dad have a good relationship?" I was a little concerned, I thought he may have picked up on the tension in the house as a result of his father's Rip Van Winkle day. I explained to him how much his parents loved each other and what a great relationship we had. He said "Oh, OK I was just asking because he is in the other room watching girls in bikini's play volleyball."

No comments: