My Blog List

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Erin got pulled up to the Varsity team for a soccer tournament this weekend. I went to her game on Saturday. It was cold and windy,I felt like a human Popsicle sitting on the sidelines watching her game. After the game I decided that I would prefer to hear about the next game via a cell phone report after the game. My kids each play at least 60 games a year with tournaments and all the different leagues that they play in. I try to make at least 90% of their games. I simply choose to get my 90% in while the sun is out and the temperature is above 60 degrees. Truth be told I actually felt a bit guilty about skipping Erin's second game and not going to any of Kelsey's games so I decided to do something constructive with my day. I decide to steam clean my carpet. I was tired of walking around on my hands and knees looking for the source of the dog pee smell. I started with my bedroom and bathroom (who puts carpet in a bathroom?) and finished with Kelsey and Maggie's room and then Ryan's room. While I was helping Maggie clean her room the dog peed in Ryan's room. I guess he wanted to make sure I had a fresh spot to work with. I tried to let him out a few minutes earlier but he wouldn't go, it was a little to cold and windy for him . My phone was ringing off the wall while I was cleaning the rugs. Lauren was back from her Dallas trip and needed the car that her and Sam share. Sam left for a trip to Indiana to visit her cousin and locked the car key in her dorm. Lauren had a ten page paper that she had to work on and her back pack was in the trunk of the car. Sam wasn't answering her phone. I suggested that Lauren call Bobby (her cousin) since Sam wasn't answering. Apparently Sam dropped her phone in the toilet and it was no longer working. That sounds like a college story that a mom doesn't need to know. Every time Lauren talked to Sam she would call me with an update at how mad at Sam she was. Erin called and needed me to pick her up. I woke Shannon up and yelled at her for not helping. I told her that it was house cleaning day. She vacuumed one room while I was working on my bedroom rugs and crawled into her bed for a two hour nap. I told her to clean her bathroom while I was gone picking up Erin. I finally finished all the rugs and my back felt like an 80 year old woman. Dave and Kelsey got back from her tournament shortly after I had finished. It was nice having a clean house. I can't remember the last time that I had a free Saturday. I cooked dinner and went to bed early because my back hurt. I woke up this morning and hobbled to the bathroom. On my way back to bed I noticed that Dave and Maggie's beloved dog had thrown up all over the carpet in the 2 minutes that I was in the bathroom. I woke up Dave and suggested to him that he may want to clean that up or he may find his beloved dog's head on his pillow like a scene from the movie The Godfather. I have toyed with buying this stupid dog a belly band, it is something they make for dog's that are not house broken. It is basically a dog diaper. I haven't bought one yet because I am assuming he would eat it off of his body considering he eats his way out of his crate.

Lauren called today, she was finally able to get the car. Sam's suite mate was able to let her in to get the key. I am so glad that they share their little squabbles with me over the phone since I am no longer able to witness it first hand like the old days. God I miss that!! Oh never mind, I still have Erin and Shannon.

No comments: