My Blog List

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Kelsey got picked to be in a soccer juggling video that will later be on a soccer website. She is pretty excited but a little nervous. Most of the other kids in the video are a lot older than her. There is only one other girl and 9 boys. Last I heard they are in the process of selecting a few other girls. The video is being shot a week from Sunday. She has been out in the front yard practicing for two days. It is a good thing her lawn obsessed father is out of town. I don't think he would handle the constant stomping on his precious grass too well. What he doesn't know won't hurt him.

I took Shannon to Urgent Care tonight for her sports physical that she needs for cheer leading tryouts for high school . Her doctor couldn't get her an appointment until June so I figured I would just pay the $35 (like the Sunday fiasco with Erin before soccer try outs) and get her physical at urgent care. Her try out starts on Tuesday so I was running out of time. We started with the eye test. I soon realized that Shannon is blind. She started stumbling with the letters. The nurse said "Shannon are you reading line seven ?" Apparently she got every letter wrong. Finally we gave up and she was able to read line five. She had a huge red line in between her eyebrows from pressing her head so hard against the machine. I guess she thought the harder she pressed, the better she can see. They brought us in a room and gave her a gown and told her to strip down to her bra and underwear. When she took off her shorts I immediately noticed her lovely bright aqua bikini underwear with a white elastic waistband with black letters that said *hot bottom *hot bottom*hot bottom*hot bottom*hot bottom* all the way around the waistband. She could tell right away by the look on my face that I was less than pleased with the underwear. Something about my fourteen year old daughter having a "hot bottom" was less than pleasing to me. She giggled and said "grandma bought them for me." She folded the elastic over and all was good. Maybe she should give the hot bottom underwear to her sister with the sunburn striped butt.

I got an email from Ryan's teacher that said, "Ryan has had such a great week, he has kept his talking to a bare minimum and his class work as well as his behavior has been excellent." I replied back Wow, There is a God! I hope she has a sense of humor.

No comments: