My Blog List

Monday, March 24, 2008

Lauren pulled herself together this morning and went back to school to take a quiz. She went by her mailbox and ran into the guy she interviewed with for the RA position for next school year. He told her "congratulations, you have been awarded the position." He asked her to come on in his office and they could talk about it. She said, "thanks I appreciate it but I just had my wisdom teeth taken out and my family says that I stink really bad and I am afraid to talk to anyone. I will come by when I smell better." She had to go back to the oral surgeon today because she was in so much pain. She has a dry socket. Of course, if anything can go wrong, it will. Hey isn't that Murphy's law?? She called me at work around 2:00 crying. She was still in allot of pain and the pain medicine wasn't helping. I left work early and she was up in bed crying. Erin was picking up Shannon at her friends house and she got lost. She was running late for her first soccer game. She told Shannon that she was stupid and so were all of her friends because of course it was everyone else's fault that she got lost, regardless if she was the one driving. I told Lauren that I would stay at home until she fell asleep. She said "I'm fine, go ahead and go." I left for Erin's game and brought Kelsey with me. I was meeting Dave there and he was going to take Kelsey to her practice after Erin's game. Shannon called me just as I was pulling into the parking lot of the soccer game. She said "Lauren is crying really hard and she says it feels like she has a hundred needles stabbing her ear." I told her to get her a cool washcloth for her forehead and try and help her get comfortable. Lauren called five minutes later and said she called the doctor's office and they want her to come back in. I was 40 minutes away and the office would be closing soon. I called my dear sweet sister in law and she rushed right over to get her to the doctor. They repacked the dry socket and told her that the nurse packed it wrong this morning. This poor kid has spent the whole day crying in pain because some idiot packed her mouth incorrectly. She must have been one of Shannon's friends!! While we were at the game Sam called to tell us that her interview went really well. She is applying for an internship for this summer. A few minutes later she called back a little frantic. She lost the key to her car. She had it a second ago but somehow she lost it somewhere inside of the car. I don't know what she thought calling her father would do to help solve the problem. He suggested that she open the car door, get out and actually look around the car for the key. He also suggested that she unlock the doors, just in case she would lock herself out considering her only key was lost somewhere inside of the car. (and she's our smart daughter) I'm thinking she may be a friend of Shannon's!!!

No comments: