My Blog List

Sunday, March 9, 2008

My darling husband has been a tad bit on the crabby side since we started fitness boot camp.Getting up at 5:30 all week was finally taking it's toll. He had a 10:30 pm soccer game on Friday and didn't get to bed until well after midnight. Needless to say he wasn't exactly perky and chipper on Saturday.We were getting ready to leave for Kelsey's basketball game and he started snapping at me on whether or not I had the right directions to the gym. I told him he was on his own, I was not going anywhere with someone who is that short on patience. He huffed and puffed (and didn't apologize) and asked me to please go with him. I decided I would stay home and go shopping instead and buy anything that my little heart desired. That is a wonderful gift that I inherited from my mother. When she was mad at my dad she would go shopping and depending how mad she was, determined the dollar amount that she spent. I bought Easter outfits for Ryan and Maggie then I took them shoe shopping and bought them new tennis shoes and Maggie got a pair of dress shoes too. When Dave got back from the basketball game Ryan and Maggie had on their new clothes(they were modeling for grandma) I told Dave "Don't you like their new outfits? They are the consequences of your actions. You might try to be a bit nicer to me next time." He just laughed and shook his head.

Today at breakfast Erin said "Dad, can you please do something to make mom mad again? I would like a new Easter outfit too. Do something really bad so she will spend a lot of money." I love the way my sixteen year old is hoping her parent's marriage is in turmoil so she can have a killer outfit to wear to church on Easter Sunday. I am thinking that somewhere along the way she may have missed something in her religion classes. Dave told her to relax that he was pretty sure that he would do something to make me mad between now and Easter.

No comments: