My Blog List

Saturday, March 29, 2008


Shannon made her Confirmation this morning. She got to be an only child today. Considering she is our fourth child there weren't a whole heck of allot of volunteers from the Murphy family willing to watch her be confirmed. We went to lunch afterwards. Dave ran into our oldest daughter Sam while he was getting the car as we were leaving the restaurant. She said "Umm why would you go to eat "like" two seconds away from my dorm and not call me." He said "Umm why would you be "like" 10 minutes away from your sister's confirmation and not go?" While we were at the restaurant we had to do a little kid juggling via cell phone. Ryan had a 3:00 soccer game and Maggie had a party at 3:00 at a neighbor's house. It was 2:00 and we still had to drop Shannon's sponsor off and there was not enough time to get home to get Ryan, then back to the game in time for Dave to coach. Kelsey's friend's older brother was on his way to pick her up and they live towards the direction of Ryan's game. I called and asked if he could grab Ryan too and meet us at a Quick Trip in their neighborhood. I then had to have Ryan's friend that spent the night call his mom to come get him since Ryan was leaving. Lauren was home but the only car there was the van and I had the keys in my purse. Maggie was just going to have to go to her party without a gift. I was going to run by the store on my way home from the game and hopefully get back before they opened presents. I called home to make sure Ryan got picked up OK and that his friend went home. Lauren said "Maggie is going to be the prettiest one at the party." I said "Oh God, what did you do?" She said "you asked me to get her ready, she just has on a little bit of blush and mascara." That is just fabulous, my six year old shows up at the neighbors house, without a gift, looking like she is going to pop out of the cake!!! We got Ryan from the meeting place and he started crabbing that he was hungry. Shannon proceeded to say, "Oh Ryan, I am so full, we had the best lunch." I thought to myself, "Is that what being filled with the Holy Spirit does???" No wonder she flunks religion tests. We made it back to the party after the game before they opened presents. I'm so good!! The pictures above are from confirmation and of course I had to post my model of Jupiter. (I hope I get a good grade)

No comments: