My Blog List

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ryan came out of school today with both of his brand new shoes untied. He managed to ruin the laces on his shoes in just over a week. The little plastic things on the ends are already worn off. Hasn't he learned yet that not even attempting to tie his shoes are at least acknowledging that his laces are dragging the ground is enough to turn me into a cross between Linda Blair and Joan Crawford.

In honor of Holy week Erin rushed to a cingular store to see what could be done about her phone. She called me from the store with a dilemma. A new phone would cost her $250 with a $50 rebate. She has enough money but it would almost clean out her checking account. She will not be getting as many hours at work now that high school soccer season is here. I reminded her that we will be buying her car soon and she will have car insurance and gas to pay for. She said "fine mom, I'm done talking to you, bye,click." I sat there looking at my phone thinking, I'm sure she didn't just hang up on me. I called her back and she didn't answer. It was probably a good thing because I was ready to climb through the phone to wring her neck. When she got home she looked on cingular's website and noticed that my phone is eligible for an upgrade. If I sign another two year contract she can get her phone for $99 and put her Sim card in it and I get to keep my old crappy phone for another two years. Sounds like a great deal to me. Now she is in a good mood. The crazy train has left the station temporarily. I'm sure another train will be back this way any minute.

Lauren is having all four wisdom teeth cut out tomorrow. I took off work on Thursday to take care of her. Erin wants me to take her shopping since I am off. I explained to her that I took off to help Lauren. She said, "all she needs is a remote control, a glass of water and a bottle of Advil." I hope she remembers that when she gets her wisdom teeth out.

Sam went to Mizzou last week to visit a friend. She said they went to a karaoke bar and she sang Jesse's girl. That almost brought a tear to my eye. That gave her favorite kid status for at least a month.

No comments: