My Blog List

Sunday, September 16, 2007

After our crazy day of soccer we had 30 minutes to clean ourselves up to get to a dinner party. Before the party I got to play veterinarian when I had to pull a long piece of paper out of my dogs butt. Not everything that he ate out of the trashcan on Friday was completely digested. My choices were to leave it hang out until it fell out on it's own (most likely somewhere in the house) or to play doctor.

The party was hosted by one of Shannon's friends parents. She has a really nice group of friends and it was nice getting to know all of the parents of her friends. It was funny how adulthood often imitates grade school. Girls on one side, boys on the other. All the mom's were talking about cleaning their houses and whether or not their kids pitch in. Some of the women have cleaning ladies. I wondered when was the last time that I actually cleaned my toilets. I normally wait until I have the black hard water stains in the bowl before I break down and clean them. Clean toilets are nice but I am happy if my son doesn't have a dirt ring around his neck, let alone the toilet ring. I think Ryan has the same bar of soap in his bathroom that he had when we moved in.
I was feeling a little guilty that I have neglected my house so badly, so I woke up gung ho to clean my toilets. After mass I went to pets mart to get more enzyme solution for dog urine stains. If they gave me a punch card for that stuff, I would be getting a gallon free a week!! I asked Dave to go with me, we grab every date opportunity without kids that we can. Unbenownst to me Ryan's game that he coached earlier at a 3-0 loss bothered him a little more than I had expected. We drove to Pets Mart in silence and he waited in the car when I went in. Wow what great company he is!!! Some days he really make me feel like such a princess.

We got home and Dave started vacuuming down stairs. I decided to go in the woods behind my house to pick some wild flowers for an art project due on Tuesday for my drawing class. I normally would have asked Dave to go on my little adventure with me but after our exciting date to PetsMart I decided to go it alone. I walked about five yards and decided it was a little too buggy for me. On my way back I spotted some pretty orange wild flowers. I wasn't watching where I was going and I sunk in the mud up to my knee in sludgy muddy water that drains into the back of my yard. As my foot sunk under the earth a huge lizard or snake jumped out of where I was sinking. After I got over the initial shock of becoming the next swamp thing I crawled back to dry land. I was just hoping and praying that my neighbors and or family were not watching me through the windows. I went inside,cleaned myself up and started tackling all the urine spots on the carpet. I asked Ryan to vacuum his room so I could spot clean it. He responded with "I don't know how to vacuum." I told him to plug it in and push it. I waxed my hardwood floors and then we all left for Kelsey's soccer game. Another loss for the Murphy's this weekend. I went to go pick up Erin at a friends house and headed home. I went upstairs to check out Ryan's room. He did vacuum and even put the vacuum away when he was done. He put it back in his closet right next to the petrified pile of dog poop, stuck to the carpet that has probably been there at least week.

No comments: