My Blog List

Monday, September 17, 2007

Mondays are always hard especially after a long weekend of soccer. I woke up to the doorbell. The little girl down the street was returning Maggie's jacket that she left in their front yard the night before. She was already dressed and ready to face her day. I on the other hand still had to wake up five kids, sign permission slips, write checks for lunch money and fix breakfast for five little darlings who were not exactly thrilled with the menu in the Murphy kitchen. Ryan asked me to clean his glasses, I was happy to oblige since he rarely wears them. (Probably because the bite mark scratches on the lenses from the dog are a little distracting. )I quickly cleaned them with soap and water, God only knows where I left the windex after my super charged cleaning day the day before. As we were heading out the door Shannon noticed that Ryan had a hunk of toilet paper hanging off of his glasses. Lucky for him, his big sister is observant so I didn't humiliate my son at school by sending him there with toilet paper on his glasses.

I called home around 3:30 to make sure everyone started on their homework and picked up after themselves. I am trying to turn over a new leaf and keep the house straightened up so I no longer have to box my company in, in the foyer so they can't see the rest of the house. I like to keep up the facade that I am one of those mothers that does it all. Works part time, is a full time student, drives carpools attends church every Sunday keeps an immaculate house and has wonderfully well behaved children. Of course if anyone would spend any length of time here they would see the real me. I always wake up late, I run around like a chicken with my head cut off and I send my kids to school with a breakfast of cold cereal every morning. Pancakes and waffles are only served in restaurants.

At dinner I reminded Kelsey that her soccer trip to Indiana was coming up next weekend. The kids always look forward to travelling with their teams. Kelsey who is an A student asked me what state Indiana was in. I explained to her that it was in Colorado so she would need to pack her warm clothes.

After dinner I went to my room to read Machiavelli for my ethics class. Talk about a real page turner. I was asleep in 5 minutes. It only took another 5 minutes for one of the kids to find me and wake me up. I moved out to the deck to read in the fresh air, 20 minutes later I still wasn't getting anywhere with the book. I decided to come downstairs and kick Erin (aka Sybil) off of the computer and check the spark notes. They were as boring as the book. I decided I needed a break and Dave and I went out for another date.

Tonight we went to Dierbergs and Walgreens, he really is a big spender. I picked up pictures at Walgreens that I had taken of things with texture for my design class. Dave looked at the pictures and asked why I took pictures of a bush, tree and hay. I told him about the project and he asked me why I didn't take a picture of my unshaven legs. I told him that was a good idea, maybe I will keep all those new razors we bought tonight in the package and shave when I get back from Kelseys trip to Indiana, Colorado to keep me nice and warm while I am there!!

No comments: