My Blog List

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tuesday

Tuesday morning started out with some sad news. Dave's brother-in-law pased away. Dave received the news on his way to work and called his boss and took the day off to be with his sister. I had school today but my mind was on my in-laws all day. Dave has five siblings and they all banned together to offer support. There is nothing more powerful than the love of your family. I don't particularly feel like being funny tonight because I am writing with a heavy heart.

After school, I had a few minutes to scarf down a sandwich and go over spelling words with Maggie before I had to drive my kids all over the county.I had to get Shannon to her coaches house by 5:00 swing back by the house for Kelsey, (find Ryan who decided to explore the neighborhood without permission) and delegate a few driving duties to grandma. I asked grandma to take Maggie to her practice at 6:30 and drop Ryan at his baseball game at 7:45.

After I dropped Kelsey at practice I went to the library to work on my Algebra homework. I love it that I can work at a table without sticking to anything like I do at home. I got my first Algebra test back, I got a 73% a low C woo hoo!!!!!! I think I might be a genius!! I called my sister the math whiz and told her she was fired, I was finding a new tutor. She reminded me that she only helped me with a couple of problems. While at the library grandma called me to tell me she took Maggie to practice and no one was up there. I guess I screwed up yet another practice time and date. Luckily she is only 6. Kelsey got benched for the start of her practice game for arriving late. I guess her coach didn't care that I was roaming the neighborhood looking for a lost boy!

I met up with Ryan at his baseball game. He walked once and struck out once. He insists on using this long bat every time, against his father's advice. Dave always tells him to use the short bat that the team has. Ryan doesn't think it is manly enough. Dave always says fine then, I hope you don't mind carrying that big bat back to the bench after you strike out.

My birthday is tomorrow , this year I am getting a money order for $158 made payable to the Kentucky circuit court. I got a little speeding ticket on my way to Florida for our family vacation this August. Dave was behind me trucking along at the speed limit. He passed me while I was pulled over, he said to Lauren's boyfriend, "There goes my snorkeling safari." The cop was really nice, I was going 91 mph, I normally don't drive that fast but I was in Dave's little car, I am used to driving a big conversion van. Lauren was laying down in the back seat, (she had a head cold.) The officer asked me why I was going so fast, I explained that I was trying to get Lauren to a rest stop because she wasn't feeling well. He saw how bad she looked and I could tell he believed me, (she looked really bad.) He asked if I needed an ambulance, I wanted to say, if it gets me out of this ticket I'll take one!!! I should have said "no she is just really car sick because I have been weaving in and out of traffic at 95mph for the last hour, she's just a little queasy." He showed mercy on me and wrote the ticket for 10 miles over so I wouldn't have to take a trip back to Kentucky for court. Maybe I shouldn't pay the ticket and choose a relaxing vacation to Kentucky jail. I hear they serve bologna sandwiches. I like bologna, after all we never even have bread at our house.

No comments: