My Blog List

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wednesday





Today is my birthday. My husband woke up crabby , he tends to get extremely stressed when he senses that he may have a stress filled day at work. I didn't mention to him in the morning that he forgot my birthday. I got everyone ready and headed off to school and work. (Hey, shouldn't I be the one stressed, he just has to get dressed in the morning and gel his hair!! )Of course my best friend Katie called me on my cell first thing. (Someone still loves me.) I called Dave early to tell him to get money out of savings to put into checking. My withdrawal for my ticket the day before pretty much cleaned us out. Not to mention that my $200 check for sixth grade camp is due tomorrow. That put him an even better mood.

The girls at work got me a cake and everyone signed a card. After I read it, I put it in the envelope and told the girl who sits next to me that I was going to bring the card home so Dave can sign it too. Dave finally noticed the date on some reports around 10:30 and called to wish me a Happy Birthday. Around 3:00 a delivery man brought me a bouquet of flowers wrapped in paper. I told him that they must be from my boyfriend because my husband doesn't have any money. As a matter of fact, his checking account is overdrawn because his wife drives too fast. I unwrapped the bouquet and saw the arrangement. They were beautiful, then I began to count, 1...2...3...4...5...6... WHAT!!! six, I am only worth six roses, who and the hell sends six roses, do I get White Castles later? I guess we will have to share a soda.

I worked a little bit late because Erin was going to a 4:00 high school boys soccer game and needed me to pick her up after the game. I decided to make a little extra money instead of sitting in my hot van. I picked her up around 5:40 and headed for home. When I got home, Kelsey asked if I saw my birthday present from Ryan. She took me in the garage where I saw the neighborhood kids were all gathering. Apparently my little boy took an adventure in the creek after school instead of writing his spelling words. I got a brand new shiny turtle. The neighbor kids played with the turtle for a while and then returned him back to his home in the creek.

At dusk we all came inside for the night. I gave Maggie a practice spelling test. I knew it was going to be a long night when the first word was is. She asked me how to make a z. I heard Gwen Stefanni's song Bananas on the radio today and remembered when that song first came out, Maggie could spell banana's and she was only four. I am thinking about bleaching my hair platinum blond, getting a skimpy sequined outfit and Mr. Microphone (do they still make those?) and maybe put the words in a song . This week I have pick, big, tack, big, play and want. Not much to work with here in creative song form. Hey anything is worth a shot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Colleen !!!

Anonymous said...

But he DID remember your birthday. Think of the money he saved by not sending the other 6. I think it's sweet.
Kelly