My Blog List

Wednesday, September 26, 2007



Today was typical, getting everyone off to school and me off to work. We had the normal arguments that we do every morning. I gave the same morning lecture that I give every day, "when you get home from school, do your homework, check your team websites for practice times and location and pick up your mess!!" The picture above is of Kelsey and Maggie's room, I think they quit listening by the time I told them to pick up their mess, They thought I said make more mess!! I thought if I posted it on the Internet it might shame them into cleaning it. (I hope they don't figure out how to take a picture of my room)

My teenagers informed me tonight of how much they hate my blog. Shannon loved the fact that I told the world that she had an F in algebra and Erin wasn't exactly thrilled that I shared the fact that she has multiple personalities. I told them to consider themselves lucky because I make fun of their father daily, not just occasionally like I do them. The subject came up while driving home tonight when Erin asked "Is dad ever going to replace the light bulb in our bathroom?" Apparently, last night she plugged in a strand of Christmas lights just so she could see to take a shower. I told her, that would probably end up on the blog.

I called my sister tonight for help with my algebra. She was helping me with a word problem and the answer didn't come out right. She said "lets plug in the numbers to figure out where we went wrong." I said ummm let me think, where did I go wrong??? Um maybe signing up for algebra at 38 years old when I have a family of nine and barely enough time to pee much less figure out if you have two types of candy and you want to sell the combination of the two at one price to equal another price. How much of each type do you have??? What??? Are you kidding me. Who gives a crap!!!



After Shannon's practice we went to the library. I tried to help her with her algebra homework and she wouldn't let me. She called one of her friends but she was at volleyball practice. I explained to her how to do it and she still didn't believe me. Finally I called my sister and had her explain it to her. It turns out, her old mom was right after all. On the way home I said "see aren't you glad you listened to me, you would have gotten all those wrong if you would have done them your way." She said "no, I was planning on asking dad anyway."

I got home with just enough time to let the dog out,(Once the sun goes down the dog won't go out alone, he is to scared.) Then Maggie and I worked on her spelling words and her reading flashcards. I gave her a bath in my bathroom, (I didn't feel like looking for Christmas lights) and sent her off to bed.


When I am done here I have to read a few chapters of David Hume. Yuck!!! That is the next book I have to read for my ethics class. I am sure there are plenty of ethical situations in Nora Roberts and Danielle Steele novels. Why can't I read one of those. I think I still have one in my beach bag from the last two summers, someday I may have time to finish it.

No comments: