My Blog List

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Road Trip With My Mother

I am in the lobby of the hotel in Indiana Colorado I couldn't get the laptop to work so I am using the hotel's computer. I have learned many valuable driving trips while riding with my mother. For instance; Did you know it is illegal to drive with your dome light on in the car at night? Kelsey wanted to read her Harry Potter book in the car on the way here. Grandma told her it was against the law because it was distracting to the other drivers. I let her keep the light on, I felt kind of bad when we caused a ten car pile up on the interstate because of the distraction of the dome light.

We won all of our games today. That means we may get to stay for the final at 5:30 if we win in the morning. I am so excited about the possibility of getting home tomorrow after midnight. I hope Shannon and Kelsey have all of their homework finished, I would hate to cause another accident on the way home if we have to turn the dome light on. My mother will be a huge help though, without her I would never know when to change lanes, speed up, slow down or when to stop at a red light. I suggested to her that maybe she could start following me to work in the morning with a walkee talkee so she could let me know when to stop and go to ensure that I arrive safely.

My sister who lives in Chicago, drove up to spend the evening with us. My mom wanted to go to dinner at this place that advertised "home cooked meals." I told her it would probably be a dive and the waitresses most likely would have no teeth. We went anyway, our waitress was pleasant and even had a full set of teeth. My mother ordered shrimp scampi and didn't like it. The waitress asked her what was wrong and she told her the shrimp was overcooked and the flavor was bad. She went on to tell her how you can't overcook fish or it gets tough. After she walked away my sister and I were laughing and my sister said "maybe you can go back to the kitchen and give the chef a few cooking tips." I told her after she coached him on the proper way to prepare shrimp she could give him some driving tips to help him get home tonight!!!

No comments: