My Blog List

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Why I Am Doing This

Why I Started This
I am starting this blog as a result of my husband reading about a Chicago mom who did this and is now working on a book deal. Of course that is one of those "that should have been me moments." I wrote a book 6 years ago entitled "Honey We Don't Stand On The Microwave." That was when I had six kids, so I was much more a lady of leisure then, than I am now. That seventh one has pushed me over the edge of insanity and loss of free time. I am now working part time and am also a full time student at the local community college. My full time job is driving my children all over St. Charles and St. Louis Counties. Every once in a while if I am lucky I can spare 42.3 seconds in my day to pee alone. I am so spoiled I really don't deserve such luxuries. Right now I am writing in a blog trying to fulfill some missed oppurtunity instead of helping my little darlings with homework. My son flunked a religion test last week (so maybe the priesthood is not for him) and my 1st grade daughter is struggling with sounding out words. If you asked her what the offsides rule in soccer is, she could tell you, just don't ask her to spell "it" or "an".
My son came home from school with a strange diamond pattern all over on his white uniform polo. I asked "Ryan did someone step on your shirt? He responded with "no, at recess my friends put me in the ball bag and drug me around the black top parking lot. I am so glad my son finds creative ways to ruin his clothes, I was getting tired of the typical blowing out of the knees at recess during kickball. I am glad he is becoming an equal oppurtunity clothes destroyer.

No comments: