My Blog List

Friday, September 21, 2007



I kept the kids out of school to attend my brother- in- law's funeral. It is never easy getting everyone out of the house on time when we are all in good clothes. Grandma went too so we took two cars. On the way there I realized my armpits were a little fuzzy, I was wearing a sleeveless blouse. I was afraid the relatives would say, "Did you see Dave's wife? He married a gorilla." We had a few minutes to spare so we stopped at a gas station and Dave ran in to buy me a razor. He came out with the razor, a soda and one chocolate long john. Did he forget he had a car full of hungry kids?? They watched mommy shave her armpits in the car while daddy ate a delicious donut. Ryan commented that he thought it was bad when he saw me with the white stuff on my upper lip taking off my mustache. He said this was worse. I think he may need therapy at some point in his life.
After we left the church we went to the cemetery, I asked Lauren if she had any deodorant in her purse or car that I could use before the luncheon. I shaved all of mine off, I didn't want to be a smelly gorilla instead of just a gorilla. I should have never doubted my well prepared daughter, she had deodorant, perfume, 3 different shades of pumps and a couple of spare outfits . You never know when you will need an extra 12 pair of shoes!! When she was a senior in high school she came to school in casual clothes not realizing it was not a dress out day. She was able to completely outfit her self in a full uniform, jumper,shirt, socks and shoes just by opening the trunk of her car.


When we got home today our dog Seamus (technically Maggie's dog) left us a little present. I have learned an expensive lesson today. Never put your decorative pillow to your bedding in front of the dog crate to help keep him in there. I might have to bind and gag him before we leave everyday. I can just picture him with ropes tied around his little paws and a bandanna down his little throat. Something tells me he would be able to get out of that too. Then Maggie would probably need therapy too.

No comments: