My Blog List

Friday, September 14, 2007

Homecoming


My day started as crazy as ever, waking up late and racing around the house getting everyone off to school. I got off work a little early and met Lauren for some quick shopping and lunch. I had about an hour to straighten up the house before I had to pick the rest of the kids up. When I got home I noticed the dog greeted us at the door and he must have escaped from his crate. I asked Lauren if she locked him up before she left the house? She said she did. I asked her if she turned the crate to face towards the treadmill with a pillow in front of the latch and if she layed the vacuum on it's side behind the crate?? Obviously she didn't realize our darling dog that everyone begged me to get is now an escape artist as well as an indoor urine sprinkler system. That hour I had to pick up the house has now become a trash collection expedition since the dog has spread the contents of our overflowing trashcan (that must have been in my husband's blind spot this morning) all over the house. I picked up the rest of the kids and found out Maggie got a 90% on her spelling test. There is a God!! I went on and on about how proud of her I was. Of course that was met with "I got a good behavior certificate this week, you didn't say anything to me." and I got 100%on my spelling tests the last two weeks and no one said a word. Luckily we live just five minutes from school so my "mom likes you best" conversation didn't last too long.


Erin was sitting in the chair waiting for me to start styling her hair as soon as I walked in the door. Here we go again, another school dance with a two hour hairstyle and make up application. Luckily she is wearing her dress from eighth grade graduation so I saved a little money there. We picked up her date, picked up another couple and headed to a park for group pictures. I took a few pictures, kissed Erin goodbye and headed to Maggie's soccer game. I had my camera with me when I got to the game, I asked Dave if he wanted to see what Erin's date looked like on my camera. He responded with a grunt. He still doesn't do well with the whole dating thing.


After the game we decided to go to dinner at O Charlies with Grandma, Shannon, Kelsey, Ryan and Maggie. Dave was starving, apparently his wife doesn't take good enough care of him. While we were waiting for our food I got out my palm pilot to try and coordinate who would take what kid where in the morning. I think we have 5 games and two practices, and three team picture times before 2:00 tomorrow. Dave said not to fool with it tonight that he was to tired. I explained that our first practice was at 8:00 a.m ., did he want to wake up at 5:00 to figure out who was taking who where and where is that kids uniform not to mention water bottle or pre-wrap or car keys for that matter. He said "I will take Ryan to practice and then I will call when I am free." We finally decided together that we will just sleep in tomorrow and forget we ever had kids!!!


No comments: