My Blog List

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I am seriously considering taking back the Guitar Hero that I bought Ryan for Christmas and getting him a remote control electric shock collar instead. I went to pick him up from basketball practice last night and for once I was a bit early. I went inside and was horrified with what I saw. He was goofing off with his friends and running around like he was on crack cocaine. I thought to myself "who is that darling little boy that looks exactly like my son?" I had "the look" all ready for him if he would just glance my way. It was then that I realized that a shock collar would be a perfect solution. When it was time for the boys to run at the end of practice he started out OK but quickly fizzled to a jog and then to a walk. When I questioned him on his lack of effort his response was, "it was too hard to run because my shoes were untied." Again , had I had the shock collar remote in hand, that statement alone would have warranted several jolts.

Kelsey came home from school today with her leg covered in mud. She slid into base during kickball and covered herself in mud. She was happy that she was successful at keeping her foot on the base during the whole fiasco. Another Murphy looks like a homeless kid at school but we were safe at third.

Erin went to the mall yesterday and found something to wear for Christmas. She was having the store hold it for her. She told me she wasn't sure if it was a shirt or a dress but it was really cute. OK, if you can't tell if it is a shirt or a dress I am assuming it is pretty short. Why don't we just call it a shirt because if it is a dress, I could wage a pretty safe bet that it is not appropriate to wear to mass. I am taking Ryan shopping to get Erin's present tomorrow (he drew her name) maybe we should get her some pants or a skirt!!

No comments: