My Blog List

Sunday, December 2, 2007


This monstrosity is a mint green dough candy cane ornament featuring a red ribbon. I can't even remember which budding artist made this one but I am sure it was made with love!!
Yesterday it was freezing outside and it was raining. Kelsey had an outdoor soccer game, obviously I sent Dave while I stayed warm and cozy. 45 minutes after they left, I got a call from Dave asking me if I was sure that I had the right soccer park. I was out Christmas shopping so I had to call home and have Shannon look it up on the computer. Sure enough I screwed up again. The park I sent them to is about 40 minutes away, the park I should have sent them to is only 20 minutes away. I like to call these little mishaps as extra bonding time in the car with your daughter. It is not a true Murphy Saturday unless we throw in a wild goose chase. To top it off, I called her coach to let him know that she would be late. I got his number from a friend who's daughter plays on the team. She gave it to me when we were at a tournament in Illinois and Dave and I took two cars, Dave left in between games and went home with her soccer bag in his car. Saturday I learned I was calling a different Ron, not her coach, their names were below each other on the phone list and my friend gave me the wrong one. Just another prime example of what a bumbling idiot I can be.
Dave and I argued about what type of Christmas lights to put up this year. Last year we put white lights on the roof line and icicle lights on the triangle peaks. Dave didn't want to do icicle lights this year but I talked him into it. He has them all done except for one peak in front, he has to borrow our friends ladder for that one. Every time I turn on the light to the storage room I blow a fuse and they all go out. It was like a scene from the movie Christmas Vacation. I think I need to put masking tape on the light switch so I remember to leave it off until January. We came home tonight from shopping and 3/4ths of the icicle lights have blown up on top of the roof. Dave said it will be fine and not to worry, another storm might come from the opposite direction and then they will look fine!!

No comments: