My Blog List

Monday, December 10, 2007



I think I have myself to blame for this lovely ornament. For some reason I thought it would be a fun activity to cut up a toilet paper roll and paint it red and green to look like a poinsettia.I did this one with Ryan's picture as a sample and had a whole class make these at a school Christmas party when I was a room mother. I would like to make a formal apology on the Internet for the 25 kids who have toilet paper roll ornaments hanging on their trees.

I have my final tomorrow for my ethics class. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed studying for my very first college final exam at the ripe old age of 38 with my quiet, well behaved perfect kids right there next to me offering me encouraging words like "I'm hungry, I'm thirsty,can you help me with my Olympic wreath that is due tomorrow?, can you study my vocabulary words with me? Can you go buy disposable diapers for me to bring to school for the single mom shelter?, can you give me a ride to basketball practice?"I went to another room and started studying. A few minutes later, my conscience got the best of me and I was in the kitchen helping Kelsey make an Olympic wreath. She has been asking me to help her for over a week and I kept putting her off. I decided it wasn't very "ethical" for me to study for an ethics exam when my little princess is struggling trying to find a leaf stencil. Then I studied vocabulary words with Maggie and read her favorite bedtime story that I never seem to have time for. To me, I aced the Murphy ethics exam, and of course Dave will be sleeping on the silly putty couch for not being much help!!

No comments: