My Blog List

Thursday, December 6, 2007



I chose Maggie's paper angel to display that she made in preschool. Maggie helped me get my Christmas cards ready to mail tonight. I couldn't find my stamps that I bought this week. I remember putting them somewhere "safe", Oh where the hell was that safe spot!! After numerous prayer to the headless St. Anthony he finally came through and I found them. Dave and I left to do a little Christmas shopping and Maggie and Kelsey were putting stamps and return address labels on for me. My niece Katie will be receiving her card with her stamp and return address label upside down. There were a few others that I was able to pull off and re stick but my nieces was stuck on there pretty good. I normally order 120 cards, I printed off 112 address labels so I knew I was cutting it pretty close because I am still missing a few addresses that I lost with my last computer virus. I was afraid I would have to order more. When I finished putting them in envelopes I noticed I still had almost a full box of cards. I thought, did all of the sheets of labels print or am I missing a sheet or two. Then it hit me!! I ordered my cards online, they come in sets of twenty and for some reason I was thinking they came in sets of 10 so I ordered 12 sets. No wonder I had to drop algebra!! So now I have 240 cards, I am going to try to spend the next couple of weeks making new friends. I don't want to let all those cards go to waste!! I would try to do some type of math problem to see how many new friends I should make per day in order to use up all the leftover cards but I would probably add wrong again. Simple multiplication threw me 20 x 6 = 120 not 240 a word problem is too much for this budding mathematician. I might even try something fun this year and open the phone book and send cards to random people. That would keep them guessing all year. "Who are these people?" Of course I would leave the return address label off. That might be easier than making new friends.

No comments: