My Blog List

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Yesterday morning was soccer uniform turn in day up at school. Of course Ryan couldn't find his jersey. It was missing most of the season, lucky for him he had three others to fall back on and he could wear one of his sisters. Dave brought Shannon with him to go turn everything in. They have all the pieces numbered, it turns out the number that was sewn on the inside of Ryan's shorts was actually his friend Jack's assigned number. Hopefully Jack has Ryan's. The guy couldn't find Maggie in the computer, Dave told him she played on the kindergarten girls team. Finally the guy said wait a minute, Maggie Murphy played on Rogers team, that is actually a 1st grade team. Dave looked at Shannon and said, "Don't tell your mother." I am just happy he actually remembered her name much less her age.

I had to cancel my party last night. My best friend lives in the boonies and she was snowed in. The weather forecast was calling for more snow so I was afraid the roads were going to get worse. We are going to reschedule to a time where everyone can make it. Considering our monthly dinners turn into every 6 months I hope it doesn't take another year before we all get together.

Last week at church Ryan asked Dave to take off his wedding ring so he could see it. Ryan passed it down to me and I said "Now your not getting it back." Ryan's eyes lit up and he said "Yeah, two Christmas's." He stole that line from Taladega Nights. I knew I should have never let him watch that movie. This week at church I guess Maggie thought she would be like Ryan and she asked Dave if she could hold his wedding ring. She accidentally dropped it on the floor. It bounced and rolled few pews up. They could see it but would have to army crawl on the floor through three families to get to it. Ten minutes later the 3 year old in front of us was getting bored. He was laying on the floor while his parents were kneeling. We noticed his eyes light up as he spotted the gold shiny ring. He had no qualms about crawling on the floor to grab his treasure, he was showing his mom what he found when Dave finally decided to tap his dad on the shoulder and ask for his ring back. I am sure the guy was thinking, what idiot drops his ring in church. We all had a good laugh and decided we won't play with daddy's ring in church anymore.

Dave took the kids to the movies this afternoon so I could get all the Christmas presents wrapped. I had just finished wrapping my last present when Dave called to say they were on their way home. It is such a load off of my mind to have that all done. Next year I am going to the movies while he wraps. Never mind, Sam would probably end up with a barbie dream house and Ryan would get a water bra. If he struggles with what grade his kids are in he certainly won't know who gets what gift.

No comments: