My Blog List

Saturday, December 8, 2007



This lovely little ornament was a new addition to the family tree last year. Kelsey made it at school. It is made of recycled Christmas cards that the kids in her class brought to school from years past. The nice thing about this "special" ornament is it's size. It is about the size of a playground dodge ball. There is absolutely no chance of this ornament getting lost on the tree.

This morning after I discovered the silly putty on my son's pants and my new couch I was feeling very festive and cheerful and couldn't wait to get up to school to work my shift at Breakfast with Santa!! Maggie could only find one shoe and of course after the silly putty discovery we were running a tad bit late. I wasted at least ten minutes grieving for my new couch. The dog ate Maggie's crocs and last years school shoes were too small. I had two choices, send her in flip flops or plead with St. Anthony to help me find the other shoe. I thought since I may have possibly used God's name in vain when I noticed the silly putty, we may have to dress for a beach bash instead of breakfast with Santa. Luckily St. Anthony came through for me and I found the other shoe in the back of grandma's car. We got to mass 10 minutes late, we settled in and I forgot all about my new couch. My sweet angelic son looked up at me and said "I think my pants might be on inside out." Sure enough the tags were on the outside. I told him to quietly go to the restroom and turn them around. He came back a few minutes later and as soon as he re-entered the church I noticed they were right side out but now they were on backwards. Is it not bad enough that we turned in a bobble head St. Anthony and Maggie wore a saint costume to school on the wrong day?

Maggie went to a birthday party today. It was at a ceramic store and guess what they got to do?? They made a Christmas ornament. Just what I wanted, another homemade ornament. They didn't get to bring them home because they still need to be fired. I didn't get to see hers but she told me that her ornament looked horrible. I told her that I was sure that it looked just fine. Then I showed her the glitter orange juice can ornament that her brother made!!!

No comments: