My Blog List

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Dave and I just got back from "date night." Normally we go to Walgreens or the grocery store but tonight we actually went to dinner. Our waiter came by and asked if we were done with our appetizer, I told him yes but could we get a to go box because we were bringing our scraps home to the kids. He probably thinks our kids were at home chained to a pole in the basement. (no that is where I keep the dog)

When I dropped the kids off at school this morning, Kelsey mentioned that she felt like she was going to throw up as soon as we pulled into the parking lot. I told her that valuable piece of information would have been helpful before we left for school. The school nurse called around 9:00 AM to see if we could bring up some Advil for Kelsey because she had a headache. Grandma got the call and couldn't remember if she could swallow tablets or if she still used liquid. Kelsey can swallow pills but her big sister Shannon has to take 6 teaspoons of liquid pain reliever every time she has a headache. Grandma called me on my cell phone to tell me school had called the house. I asked her to bring her home instead of bringing her Advil. I called her doctor and made an appointment to bring her in. She hasn't looked good all week. Grandma said that was fine but she had to run by the dollar store on her way back home. I asked her why she had to go to the dollar store? She said"I am out of wrapping paper and boxes for Christmas gifts." I said "are you serious, do you really have to do that today?" She already has about 30 gifts wrapped. She laughed and said she still had so much to do before Christmas. I don't know why I am surprised, she was packed by April for our August vacation. When I got home I asked Kelsey if she went to the dollar store and she told me "grandma did, I waited in the car because my head hurt." I think grandma may have a touch of OCD, had she not been able to wrap those gifts today she probably would have laid awake all night thinking about it. I must take after my father, I could sleep on the kitchen table if I was tired enough without a worry in my head.

Of course the doctor said what Kelsey had was viral, nothing we can do but wait. Had I not brought her in, it would have been malaria. Dave's phone rang while we were at dinner, it was Lauren, she wanted to know why we didn't invite her and Mike and what color my hair was and who did it and how much I paid for it. She read my blog. She said she saw an ad in the paper today about a circus and asked her boyfriend if he had ever been to the circus. His response was "your house is a circus." I've been there lots of times. I just may spit in his mashed potatoes this Thanksgiving, I'll show him a circus!!! (Just kidding Michael.)

We had to get our pictures taken for our self portraits we will be drawing in my drawing class. They printed them off in the computer lab and gave them to us. My thought was "do I really have to draw this wrinkly old woman looking at me?" When did that happen??? I wonder if my teacher would notice if I switched it with an old picture from high school?? I had a chance to do botox at my work at a discount. It would have cost me $90 to get rid of my frown line between my eyebrows. I decided to pass because I could buy Ryan lots of crackers with $90 . After seeing my face with wrinkles blown up on paper I am thinking I should have went for the frozen non moving face instead!!!! I'll let you know how the self portrait goes, I may try to draw Heather Locklear instead.

No comments: