My Blog List

Saturday, November 3, 2007

I just got home from my lovely road trip to Illinois. We left the house at 5:45 AM and got home around 6:30 PM. The tournament the girls are in is pretty big, they don't have enough fields to accommodate all of the games so the tournament is held at several different soccer fields spaced approximately thirty miles apart. I think I circled the Alton, Caseyville, and Edwardsville area 20 times today. Kelsey's team won both games and Shannon had a win and a tie. After Shannon's 7:15 am game she went home with a teammate and I took Kelsey to breakfast at a little dive off of the highway. It is about 45 minutes from our house but I think I may take Ryan there next time he "forgets" to brush his teeth. I think Kelsey and I were the only people in the place who still had all of our teeth. The food was good but I would have to give it a thumbs down on atmosphere.

I couldn't wait to get home and take a nice hot bath in my bath tub. As usual, I had to go on a scavenger hunt to find my shampoo, conditioner,body wash and razor. Erin/Sybil is such a joker, she still likes to make bath time so much fun for her mommy!! It is a good thing I had five full hours of sleep last night and I only drove around Illinois for 8 hours, the other four were spent shivering in a chair watching soccer games. If it wasn't for all of that"special" relaxing time I may have been a little upset that she "borrowed" all of my stuff again even though her bathroom is well stocked.

After I took a bath I came downstairs to check my email and write on my blog. I keep getting spam mail every day that says "Colleen meet your secret crush." or "Colleen, meet other singles in your area." One of these days I will hit reply and say "Hey secret crush, I am a single white female, thirty something, childless, allergic to pets, enjoys long walks and reading. If interested please send a picture along with shampoo, conditioner, eyeliner and mascara."

No comments: