My Blog List

Sunday, November 4, 2007

My morning started typical, rushing out the door headed for a soccer game. Dave took Kelsey and I took Shannon, they had games at the same time at different fields in Illinois. Shannon and I stopped at the gas station to load up on Gatorade and coffee. On the way out the door I noticed a cop standing by my van waiting for me. He asked "is this your vehicle?" I said "yes, I know I'm missing my front license plate, I am going to get a new one this month, my plates expire at the end of the month, I was planning on getting it replaced when I renew them." He said "actually mam your plates expired in October." "I then said, I have a dead body in the back of the van, please take me to jail, do they have kids or soccer at jail??" He was actually really nice and told me I was just a few days past due, he just wanted to give me a friendly reminder. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I have been waiting three years for my husband to replace the front plate that fell off. Dave has many projects on the honey dew list, my upstairs smoke detector has been chirping every thirty seconds for at least a month. I just tell all of our visitors that we have a new pet bird. It can't chirp forever, the battery will eventually lose all power to chirp or the house will burn to the ground, whichever comes first. Lauren and Mike took bets to see how long it would take him to take down the spider web decoration in the front of the house. Imagine their disappointment when they came by the house Saturday night and saw that he took the web down. He did not totally disappoint them , he did forget to take down the talking skeleton hanging up on the front porch. I wish I could program it to say "Hi Dave welcome home, please change the smoke detector battery, take out the trash that we are all tripping over and remember to tell your wife how lucky you are to have her."

Shannon's team lost their game in penalty kicks and Kelsey's team won theirs. They lost in the semi final 1-0. My darling History channel addicted husbanded decided to take the opportunity of a free afternoon to take a little field trip to Cahokia Mounds since we were in the neighborhood. OK, I am a burger and fry kind of girl, I have no idea which fork to use at a fancy dinner, I don't like the theater or the ballet, the art museum was enough culture for me this week. Now he wants to hit a historic site. I may pack tea and crumpets in the kids school lunches this week. Lucky for me the mound was closed for repairs. We were only able to go up about 30 of the stairs instead of making it to the top of the mound.

No comments: