My Blog List

Thursday, November 1, 2007

My drawing class was canceled today so I skipped my ethics class so I would have the whole afternoon off. (pretty ethical huh) I got home from my design class around 10:00, all my little trick or treaters were still asleep on the couch. I decided to take this rare opportunity of a quiet house and crawl back into my warm bed. Ten minutes later I woke up to the sound of my beloved dog dry heaving in my bed. I quickly pushed him out of bed and hurried him outside. I was successful at avoiding dog vomit in the bed but my carpet didn't fare as well.

I made breakfast for the kids after they woke up and told them to get cleaned up so we could go to the art museum. They weren't exactly running up the stairs by leaps and bounds to get ready when I mentioned the words art museum but they were still happy to get out of the house. When we were ready to walk out the door I noticed my son was covered in mud from the creek behind the house and he didn't bother putting socks on. It is November after all, why should we bother with little details such as socks? He quickly got cleaned up and off we went. The art museum wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and I think the kids actually enjoyed themselves. It is kind of a shame that we are so busy with our own crazy lives that we don't utilize all the free places in our city more often. With that said, about an hour of the art museum was about all I could take. There were markings on the floor around the paintings so you didn't get too close, signs were posted that stated that if you get too close to a piece of art an alarm may sound. I think it is a small miracle that we made it out without Ryan sounding off any alarms. We went to lunch at Steak N Shake and then headed home. It was nice spending a day with the kids acting like a cultured family. Tomorrow we may go to the movies, we are a little more in our element there. Sticky floors, eating candy, drinking soda and throwing our trash on the floor!!

1 comment:

Kila said...

Skipping ethics class, LOL.

Too bad the dog ruined your rest. I would have been so upset--it's not often us moms get to lay in bed!

The museum sounds fun!