My Blog List

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Yesterday was the mother daughter banquet for Erin's high school. It is always allot of fun. Erin sat with her friends and basically ignored her mother all night. (pretty much the same as last year)We had a nice conversation in the car on the way there and then again on the way home. I guess I need to strap her in a seat belt to have a conversation with her. I could always send her a text message.

We had quite a few soccer games today. Dave met up with me at our last game. We decided to grab a quick dinner before heading home. Ryan had to be home by 6:30 to go to one of his buddies big sister's birthday party. We decided to go to Steak and Shake. I missed the exit so we went for plan B. I decided to try a new place. Bad Idea!!! When we walked in it looked like a taxidermy studio. There was a wild cat stuffed on the mantle, several deer heads and countless birds mounted to the walls. When our food came it was served on metal pie plates instead of glass dishes. I was beginning to have flash backs to fourth grade girl scout camp. I looked at Dave and said "what the heck kind of plate is this??" Dave said, "I'm still stuck on the fact that I am drinking a soda out of a pickle jar, let alone the tin dishes. The food tasted about as bad as it was presented. I left early to run by the mall to get a gift card for Ryan to bring to the party. Dave called me when I was on my way home to thank me for picking such a lousy place to eat. He is the type of guy who is happy with eating a plain ham sandwich for dinner so you know it had to be bad.

Dave is at a soccer game tonight with Erin and Kelsey. Shannon is at a party that one of the eighth grade boys is having. The boys presented each one of the cheerleaders at their soccer game a yellow carnation. I wasn't there but I wish I could have seen it. I'm sure the girls loved it and the boys were probably dying. Shannon has another early game in the morning. I think dad will probably be bringing her to that one.

No comments: