My Blog List

Friday, November 2, 2007

We have a soccer tournament in Illinois tomorrow morning at 7:15 am. I am kind of hoping the whole family gets a bad case of the stomach flu so we can all sleep in tomorrow. The computer printer is out of ink so I can't do a mapquest. I might actually have to write down the directions or look at a map. Dave has practice for the boys team in the morning so I can't just send him like I normally would. House rule: Any game before 9:00 AM is definitely a dad job!! I guess I will have to suck it up and go instead.


I took the kids to the movies today to see Martian Child. It was a good movie but kind of sad. Ryan and Maggie were probably a little young for it but they were able to sit through it without getting too bored. The new bee movie may have been a better choice for them. I have such an age range with my kids it is hard to pick a movie that everyone will like. Poor Ryan he never gets a vote. We don't go to the movies very often but when we do it is normally a chic flick. I remember when one of the Spiderman movies was out and we were deciding which movie we were going to see he suggested Spiderman and we all just laughed at him and said yeah right!! We probably drug him to go see The Notebook. He has seen Steele Magnolia's and Terms of Endearment at least three times each.

I went out to dinner with three of my high school friends tonight. We started our monthly dinners last February or March. We had such a good time we decided to do it once a month. Apparently November comes after March because our monthly dinners turned into every 8 months. We all vowed we would get serious and get together in December for sure. When will our crazy lives slow down enough so we can enjoy each others company more. Sometimes I feel like I multi task a little too much. I give spelling tests over the phone while I am driving, I brush my teeth in the backyard while I am letting the dog out, when my kids were babies I could even unload the dishwasher and breastfeed at the same time. Sometimes my talent is just absolutely overwhelming!!

No comments: