My Blog List

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Today started with the familiar sounds of my darling offspring arguing. Shannon wanted the gym shorts Kelsey had on because she had gym today and Kelsey didn't. Kelsey felt that since she found them first, she should get them regardless of whether or not anyone will see them. I listened for a few minutes before I intervened and gave the veins in my neck another morning work out. Kelsey suddenly saw the light and gave Shannon the shorts. It is amazing that I don't have a swan like neck with all the neck work outs I do in the morning trying to get 5 kids off to school.

I made a pot of spaghetti tonight for dinner. Ryan actually ate even though crackers were not on the menu. Erin/Sybil pointed out that her baby brother has the table manners of a cave man. It is easy to miss that little fact when your diet consists mainly of crackers. I have put her in charge of his future etiquette lessons since she was so nice to notice the problem and bring it ever so gently to my attention. While I was cleaning up dinner mess I noticed a note on the table about an eighth grade meeting for parents that was tonight at 7:00. It was so nice of Shannon to bury the note in a stack of papers so I would stumble upon it 15 minutes before the meeting. My girls love to keep everything fresh and fun. Every day is a new scavenger hunt!!! As I was leaving I came back inside and asked Ryan to throw a shirt on, put on his shoes and carry the trash cans back in the garage. I also asked Maggie to make sure to take a bath.

I almost hit the trashcans that Ryan was supposed to put away when I pulled in the driveway. Maggie forgot to take a bath and no one thought to let the dog outside to go poty. Typical night at the Murphy house!!

No comments: