My Blog List

Friday, October 12, 2007

This morning Ryan tied his shoes and had his teeth brushed by 7:15. I guess my little outburst yesterday paid off. The veins in my neck are still tired from their vigorous workout. Sam called me yesterday to let me know that she arrived safely. I said "that is great honey, where did you arrive safely?" She said "Oh didn't I tell you I was going to New York?" Umm no!! Thank God she didn't say Vegas I was afraid she ran off to get married and didn't tell me. I told her she doesn't call me enough and she said "the phone goes both ways, maybe you could call and check on me since I just ended a two year relationship, maybe you could call and make sure I am not depressed." I am going to call her in the morning to make sure she is not depressed. She scored her first collegiate goal tonight. Yeaaaaahhhh Sam!!! It was even a left footer. She plays in Boston tomorrow.

I went to 3 different sporting goods stores tonight looking for soccer spikes for Ryan. Dave bought him some on Wednesday but they were too big. As I was driving to my third store I realized it would have probably been easier to go back to the place where he lost it and crawl around on my hands and knees until I found it. I finally found a pair in his size and picked out a new pair of shin guards. I watched a show on Oprah today on transsexuals and started feeling a little guilty about making my son wear pink shin guards. I have visions of him twenty years from now sitting on Oprah's stage with his wife and kids wearing a dress with more cleavage than his wife. He had one of his friends from school spend the night tonight. Erin came down stairs after she got out of the shower wearing a bra and soccer shorts. I have a feeling Ryan's friends are going to enjoy spending a lot of time at the Murphy house for years to come. I explained to Erin that modesty is actually a good thing especially when we have 9 year old boys staying over. Luckily this kid also has three older sisters so I don't need to call his mother and apologize.

Lauren called yesterday and told me that her chemistry teacher showed up for class drunk again. Some of the students have complained to the department chair and he assured them he would keep a close eye on her. Of course he wasn't on campus to witness it yesterday. Lauren said the class meets at 1:00 in the afternoon. If anyone should be drunk in the early afternoon, it should be me.

No comments: