My Blog List

Saturday, October 27, 2007


I worked on getting Cinderella ready for the ball while Dave took Ryan to his soccer game. When they got back I could tell the game hadn't went well. Dave said "he didn't even try, he just stood there half the time." His team is pretty bad, most of the kids are only there because their parents signed them up. They have lost every game. Ryan is actually a pretty good player, he plays on a competitive team also where he does really well. Dave was frustrated with his lack of effort not lack of skill. Ryan went upstairs to take a shower and the rest of the family was telling stories of all the fatherly advice that they have gotten in sports through the years. I always knew when they would all go outside to play, that I should probably get the Kleenex's ready because someone always came inside crying. Erin said she hated it the year she played softball. Dad wouldn't let her come inside until she could catch a pop fly. Remember, "Murphy's Never Quit." The best was when he was making an igloo with the girls in the snow. They got cold and finally quit while the king of "Murphy's Never Quit." stayed out in the snow all by himself finishing the igloo. We all watched from the warmth of the house laughing at his stubbornness.
I was still working on Cinderella's hair and make up and Dave left to go to Sam's college for the parent weekend bar b Que and activities. Dave was talking to Sam's coach's husband and he pivoted his foot to turn around at the same time that the coach's little boy came running up. He tripped over Dave's foot, split his lip open and landed face first in a pot hole. Way to impress the coach honey. Our kid will never get any playing time now. Fabulous!!!


Kelsey went to spend the night at a friends house. Grandma was going to drop her off after her game. She packed no clothes for the next day, no pajama's and one shoe. Pretty much typical for Kelsey.I dropped Erin off at her friends volleyball game and then she is going to a bonfire party. Her social life is so much better than mine. Shannon had a 6:00 game and then she was cheering for the boys game immediately after hers. She went from a sweaty soccer player to a cute cheerleader in 5 minutes. I really enjoyed my quiet shy daughter flirting with the boys in her cute little cheerleader outfit after the game. NOT!!! What happened to the kid who would never brush her teeth or hair. I think I liked her better then. She does smell better now but I would prefer that she didn't notice boys. I bought Ryan a couple new pairs of pants tonight at Old Navy. I have a hard time finding clothes for him. He is so skinny that the slims, even with the adjustable waist just hang on him. I took him with me so he could try things on. He is worse than the girls. He is picky with what he will wear. Luckily his father will wear whatever we tell him to. He still needs garanimal tags like he had when he was a kid to match his clothes but he will basically wear whatever we give him.


No comments: