My Blog List

Sunday, October 14, 2007


I learned a valuable sewing lesson this weekend. When you are cutting out a pattern and it says cut on fold, that means you actually fold the fabric over to double it before you cut it. Who Knew!!

I went to half of Maggie's soccer game and then headed out to Kelsey's game yesterday. On the way home we had to stop at Hobby Lobby to pick up more fabric. This costume is reaching the $50 mark. Maggie went with Erin to babysit for a friend of hers. I didn't have her to try things on while I was making it. I improvised and used her 13 year old sister. Amazingly enough the costume is actually the perfect size for Shannon. I can't imagine where I could have gone wrong. Umm, maybe taking on this project. Why didn't I just put Ryan's bath robe on her with a black slip on her head. Maybe she will grow 10 inches tonight. I thought I had until the 22nd but once again I screwed up on the date. She has to be wearing her costume Monday morning when she arrives at school by 7:45. Yikes!! I wonder if it is possible for her to grow 10 inches and gain 30lbs that fast. I wonder if I sent Shannon instead if her teacher would notice!!

No comments: