My Blog List

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tuesday's are always a little crazy, I have school during the day and in the evening Shannon, Kelsey ,Erin and Maggie all have soccer practice at four different fields. Dave goes to school on Tuesday nights so I'm on my own. I spend about 4 hours driving up and down Hwy K every Tuesday. If anyone lives in O Fallon MO it would be nice if you posted signs of encouragement up and down the road for me . For example; Happy carpooling, you only have 60 miles (on the same road) to go. God loves you!!! Or maybe someone could post Maggie's spelling words up and down the road. You might even consider setting up a table or two with stations of refreshments like they do in marathons. A cold drink, a sandwich or maybe even a handful of Valium. Anybody????

Even though I hate driving that is where I get some of the best information out of my kids. For instance: Ryan told me there is a kid on his soccer team who's tongue was so long he could pick his nose with it if he wanted. He thought that was pretty cool. Not to be outdone Ryan boasted that he is able to pick his nose with his toes. He is still unable to tie his shoes correctly but picking his nose with his feet is a cinch. I think I should ask at school if they have any openings in the gifted program!!

I talked to Lauren today and asked her if she called her sister to see how her knee was? She said "No I am not talking to her because I asked her last week if I could borrow her green long sleeved shirt since I haven't had time to come home for my fall clothes." Sam told her no because she hasn't worn it yet. There is a proper clothes borrowing code of conduct that mustn't be broken. If you have something new, no one can borrow it until the rightful owner wears it first. Lauren felt that since she didn't have any fall clothes that she found a loophole in the rule. Not so much!!! I am so sad that I didn't get to witness this little cat fight, I sure miss my girls when they are away at school.

No comments: