My Blog List

Thursday, October 25, 2007

I dropped my algebra class!!! Factoring trinomials was what did me in. I probably could have stuck it out and pulled off a C in the class MAYBE!! I just didn't have the energy to stay up past midnight anymore, doing something that made me feel so stupid. I thought about dropping a couple of weeks ago and Dave offered me some words of encouragement. "Murphy's never quit." I had two weeks to think about it and I realized I am not really a Murphy. My maiden name is Friel and Friel's quit!!! I signed up for next semesters classes, I am taking United States history from 1945 to present, ceramics and photography. No trinomials there!! Now that I will be taking ceramics,I will get to make my own lopsided poorly painted pencil holder this mothers day.

Parent teacher conferences were tonight. I was kind of dreading going to Maggie's for two reasons, one, she is struggling a little bit with reading and well, you know, the whole nun costume on the wrong day thing. The conference actually went well, her reading is much better and she did really well on her last skills assessment. Shannon and Kelsey were the same, they both could do better if they applied themselves more but as a whole they both do well. I really liked both of their teachers. Ryan's teacher said he is doing well but he did get an N for needs improvement for respecting others property. She said that some of the boys, my little angel included, like to take other student's pencils, break them in half and throw them across the room. I asked her, "what was wrong with that?" She didn't mention anything about the backpack full of spit wads that he has. She told me that one day she threatened to take his chair away because he can't sit in it for longer than two seconds. Luckily for him, he is really smart so all of his grades are good, I am hoping his maturity will come along at some time in the near future. Last year in his religion book when he was supposed to be drawing faces showing emotions on the people in his religion book, he was drawing rotten teeth and nose rings and tattoo's. Everyone loves a comedian. That is everyone except a teacher!!

1 comment:

Kila said...

I hope Ryan and his teacher get along and enjoy each other!

Boys? Mature? I don't think those words go together well ;)