My Blog List

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My sweet little boy walked into my bathroom this morning at 7:15 while I was brushing my teeth and said "Mom, I have a field trip today, I have to bring a sack lunch, what should I bring? we don't have any food." I don't think I have been to the grocery store since the Carter administration so we had a bit of a problem. How does he expect me to remember when his field trip is, he should consider himself lucky, I could have sent him to school dressed as the Pope!! Ryan won't eat sandwiches and I was fresh out of crackers. I found some frozen pretzels in the freezer. I microwaved it and put it in a baggy and hoped the steam didn't turn it into a soggy mess by lunch time. I found some chips in the back of the pantry, he doesn't need to know they were made with olestra, (I hope he doesn't get diarrhea on the field trip). Dave got a big bag of M &M's as a gift for bosses day so I put some in a lunch baggy and topped off the brown bag with a Capri Sun (made with fruit juice, nutrition is important to me!!) I instructed Ryan not to drip chocolate all over his face when he chews so no one know he is eating M&M's for lunch and by no means is he allowed to sit by his teacher during lunch!!

I actually had a fairly normal evening tonight, thanks to rain. Erin's and Ryan's practices were canceled so all I had to do is pick up Shannon at cheer leading practice. I was actually able to work on homework and enjoy my family aka play referee to Shannon and Kelsey and Ryan and Maggie. Sam and Lauren still aren't speaking over the green blouse so I didn't have to play referee with them and Erin/Sybil is a different kid ever 15 minutes so I don't even try to jump on that train wreck. Dave went to the grocery store tonight. I think I might have Ryan bring his teacher an apple tomorrow!!

No comments: